It happens to the best of us that when we are trying our best to capture a particular moment, we do not quite succeed. As a result, we get blurred images, which can get very annoying. How many chances do you get at that perfect shot? Sometimes, none!
But, guess what? You can now use various applications and software in order to unblur an image. You can’t help your images from getting blurred – but what you can do is unblur them easily. Perfect UNO reverse, isn’t it? Usually, the blurring is caused by the shaking of hands while capturing the photo or the inability to focus well on the muse.
There are multiple methods to unblur an image and sharpen it. We will share all of those methods will you here. All the methods to unblur an image are explained in quick steps. We’ll get straight to it so that you can get on the task of unblurring your images and saving the world one day at a time, and one image at a time.
How to Unblur an image – Different ways
If you are one of the people who face the problem of how to unblur an image, then you have arrived at the right place. This article is just for you. Read on.
1. Use Photoshop to unblur an image
Photoshop really comes handy during these times. It has a vast range of tools which you can employ to solve your issue regarding how to unblur an image. Photoshop can also help you fix resoultion of an image. You need to follow these simple steps:
1. Access your image through Photoshop.
2. Make a ‘Duplicate’ of the background layer and then go on to select the same.
3. Now, choose Filter> Other>High Pass and make it to 10%.
4. Make the ‘Blend Mode’ for the current layer as ‘Hard Light’ and balance the opacity till the time the image becomes crystal-clear.
Now you will get to see an unblurred image. This method is a perfectly functioning solution to your problem of how to unblur an image. Photoshop is highly used for unblurring images but if you are not comfortable with Photoshop then we have several other Photoshop alternative methods to unblur images.
2. How to unblur an image with GIMP Image Editor
If you do not wish to pay for something as basic as unblurring an image then you can make use of the free image editor, GIMP to resolve the issues of how to unblur an image. GIMP is a free image editing tool available for Windows, MacOS X and Linux.
GIMP actually has a lot of sophisticated tools to edit and process images. You need to follow these basic steps in order to unblur an image using GIMP:
1. Access your image through GIMP.
2. Choose ‘Blur/Sharpen’ from the provided ‘Toolbox’.
3. Tap on ‘Sharpen’ and trail your mouse pointer across the whole image in order to sharpen the entire area. If you wish to sharpen just selected portions, you can hover your mouse pointer over those areas as well.
You will then see the drastic changes in your previously blurred image, as it will start clearing up.
3. Use Snapseed (iOS/Android)
For the Android and iOS device users, Snapseed can be an effective alternative to unblur a picture. If you have this app downloaded from the app store compatible with your device, then you do not need any other apps. This app is capable of unblurring photos in an excellent manner.
You need to follow these basic steps for unblurring a picture on Snapseed:
1. Access the blurred picture through Snapseed.
2. Choose ‘Details’.
3. Tap on ‘Sharpener’ and then click on ‘Unblur’.
4. After the image is unblurred, click on Structure> Show More Details.
With just these basic steps Snapseed will unblur your image. You will now see an unblurred image. We recommend this application for solving your issues regarding how to unblur an image on smart devices.
If this method does not work for you, check the next one.
4. How to Unblur an Image Using SmartDeblur
Are you still trying to figure out how to unblur an image? You can download and install the latest and updates versions available on the official website of SmartDeblur for both Windows and macOS devices.
After installation, open the SmartDeblur application. Access the blurred image that you wish to unblur, through this application. You will notice certain Blur Parameters available.
Adjust them to regulate image opacity and other parameters as well. You then need to choose the kind of blur from the provided options and adjust the radius till you are satisfied with the ultimate product. This method is widely used to unblur images.
5. Unblur Images Using Paint.net
Now, how to unblur an image online? Well, using Paint.net .
Paint.net happens to be yet another image editor which can unblur your images at absolutely no cost. How to unblur images using Paint.net? Here are a few steps which you need to follow:
1. Access your image through Paint.net.
2. Now, choose Effects> Picture> Sharpen.
3. Adjust the Sharpening effect till you are satisfied with the final product.
Albeit the GIMP is one of the best alternatives in the arena of free image editor, Paint.net still does a moderately great job at unblurring photos.
6. Use PhotoSharpen to Unblur Photos
Present online, this image editor can sharpen and eventually unblur images. It does not provide you with a myriad of filters and options but it enables the sharpening of an image.
You can access the image through this editor and tap on ‘Sharpen’ till you get the desired result. You can either preview the unblurred image or choose to download the same.
7. How to Unblur an Image Using Microsoft Paint
If none of the methods mentioned above solve your problem of unblurring images, then you can use Microsoft Paint. The everlasting, the most basic image editing tool – Microsoft Paint.
Using these simple steps will ensure that you will be able to unblur images on Microsoft Paint:
1. Open Microsoft Paint.
2. Access the image that you wish to edit through Microsoft Paint.
3. Tap on ‘Layer’ and the ‘Duplicate’ buttons in order to make a layer. Now, tap on ‘Adjust’ and then it will show you the dialog box of options.
4. You can adjust the radius and the quality of the picture and click on the ‘Unsharp Mask’. You can adjust till you get the desired result.
Microsoft Paint is one of the best alternatives for unblurring an image. We recommend that you use this method to solve the issue of how to unblur an image.
Other tools to unblur images online
Well, we have covered the quickest and easiest multiple ways to unblur images. However, as a bonus here are few other online tools to unblur and sharpen the images online.
You can visit these image editing websites, upload your image, adjust the parameters and deblur the picture.
This list consists of some of the best ways to unblur images. Go ahead and try these methods out to get the best quality pictures!